Friday, January 04, 2008

Wall Thermometer

In 2004, we made another trip to Sydney. It was Izwan's working trip, so we stayed at the five-star Sheraton on the Park. It is located directly opposite Hyde Park, the tree-lined oasis in the heart of Sydney. Plus, it was just next door to all Gucci, Prada, Chanel etc.
`

It was our second trip there, so we more or less know what to do and where to go. But it was the first trip for Hafiz; who seemed to be enjoying it.

So did Tasha:

#58
Where: Sydney, Australia
When: 2004
Who: Self
Where now: Home
~

Whenever I see a wall termometer like the one attached on the magnet, I often (not everytime, obviously) my younger days. We were staying with my Tok's house in Kg Melayu, Kluang, Johor. They had this wall termometer. I just learned in school that water boils at 100 degrees celcius. I wanted to be sure. Bought a pot of water to boil on the stove, and in goes that termometer. I think it was attached to a wall decorative in the form of a ship. And whoaal-la! The termometer burst so water definitely boils at higher than 40 degrees.
~

Excellent scientific research.
~

I think no one realises that the wall decor was no longer in the form it used to be.

No comments: